1. To train the students of the college in the duties, responsibilities and rights of citizenship.
2. To promote opportunities for the development of character, leadership, efficiency, knowledge and spirit of service among students.
3. To organise debates, seminars and such other functions.
4. To encourage sports, arts and other cultural, educational, social or recreational activities that are incidental and conducive to the above objects.
The college follows a parliamentary system of election as per the guidelines of Lyngdoh Committee and M G University to form Student Council. Student council or the college union actively participates in all endeavours of the college.
THE COLLEGE UNION CONSTITUTES
2. Vice- Chairperson (Female),
3. General Secretary
4. The Editor of the College Magazine
5. Two University Union Councillors
6. Two Lady Representatives
7. The Arts Club Secretary
8. Secretary for Sports
9. Class Representatives (elected from each class).
The union members are mentored and guided by two Staff Advisors in commemorating festival days, conducting Arts and Sports competitions. The students’ voice in the affiliated University is represented by the Union councillors. The Student Union is given enough freedom and support from the authorities to do various programs which go in line with the college discipline. Under the leadership of Union Chairman, the Art club secretary co-ordinates cultural and literary initiatives. Magazine editor collects articles from talented students for the annual college magazine. University Union Councillors, Class representatives & Lady Representatives serve as the responsible voice of the whole students in the matters concerned.
College Union Magazine
- Arts day
- Annual athletic meet