OBJECTIVES AND FUNCTIONS OF IQAC
The primary aim of IQAC according to NAAC is
- To develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the institution.
- To promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices.
The Specific Objectives of the IQAC at Rajagiri College of Social Sciences are
- To raise general quality awareness as well as develop ongoing quality assessment strategies
- To design and organise Need-Based capacity building programmes for the students and teachers
- To promote good practices in the maintenance and enhancement of quality culture on campus
- To facilitate good quality research and publication among students and teachers
- To promote stakeholder involvement in the process of quality assurance,
- To find A means of advocating for student participation to develop a quality culture within the institution.
Functions performed by the IQAC
- Preparation and submission of Annual Quality Assurance Reports (AQARs)
- Facilitating Institutional Strategic Planning Forums
- Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for various academic and administrative activities of the institution;
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive to quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process;
- Arrangement for feedback response from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes;
- Dissemination of information on various quality parameters of higher education;
- Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles;
- Documentation of the various programmes/activities leading to quality improvement;
- Development of Quality Culture in the institution;
- Coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of best practices;
- Development and maintenance of an institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining /enhancing the institutional quality;
- Conduct of Annual Academic and Administrative Audit and its follow-up