Rajagiri Centre for Sustainable Livelihood
Rajagiri Centre for Sustainable Livelihood is set up with a view to develop various technologies and processes and transfer such technologies and processes to the needy persons for making a livelihood to them in a sustainable manner.
- Developing and patenting of innovative products, processes and technologies having contemporary social relevance.
- To launch need-based Projects with the support of various funding agencies.
- To impart participatory training programmes for providing sustainable livelihood.
- To develop and popularise Value-added products having nutritional, therapeutic and cosmetic applications.
- To promote multi-disciplinary research works leading to publications.
Various branches of Life Sciences having societal relevance such as Mushroom cultivation, Tissue culture, Plant breeding, Probiotics, Integrated Farming, etc.,
- Training Programmes to Self- Help Groups on Mushroom Cultivation.
- Skill Development Programmes among Inter-dependent Micro-entrepreneurial Clusters (ICSSR Project).
- Mentorship and Facilitator for Young Innovators Programme (K-DISC, Govt. of Kerala) for the Promotion of Innovations among the School and College students.
- TENDER COCONUT PUNCHING CUM CUTTING MACHINE: Balakrishnan Thampi Ramesh, Neenthamadathil Mohandas Krishnakumar, Karukappillil Xavier Joseph, Rahul Ramesh
- MULTI-UTILITARIAN COPRA DETACHER: Balakrishnan Thampi Ramesh, Rahul Ramesh, Karukappillil Xavier Joseph, Neenthamadathil Mohandas Krishnakumar
- POLYMERISED COCONUT LEAF BASED ROOFING AND FLOORING TILES: Balakrishnan Thampi Ramesh, Karukappillil Xavier Joseph, Neenthamadathil Mohandas Krishnakumar, Rahul Ramesh
Mushroom varieties standardised in the Lab for Commercial cultivation/Training:
- White Oyster Mushroom (Pleurotus spp.)
- Pink Oyster Mushroom (Pleurotus eous)
- Oyster Mushroom CO2 variety (Hypsizygus ulmarius)
- White Oyster Mushroom (HUC variety)
- Oyster Mushroom (Pleurotus florida)
- Milky Mushroom (Calocybe indica)