Dr. Susan Mathew K.
Designation : Professor
Qualification : Ph.D
Email-ID : .
- Ph.D. (Library Science) Faculty of Technology, CUSAT, Kerala), 2011
- PG Diploma Library automation and Networking, University of Hyderabad (2003)
- UGC-NET (University Grants Commission, New Delhi), 1993
- MLISc (Annamalai University), 1992
- BLISc (University of Calicut, Kerala), 1986
- BSc Botany (University of Calicut, Kerala), 1983
- Deputy Librarian , CUSAT 2014 – 2019
- Assistant Librarian, CUSAT 2003 – 2014
- Junior Librarian, CUSAT 1998 – 2003
- Professional Assistant, CUSAT 1993 – 1998
- Professional Assistant, University Of Calicut 1988 – 1993
- Librarian, Central Institute of Fisheries, Nautical and Engineering Training 1987 – 1988
- Sheeja NK, & Mathew, K. S (2019). ResearchGate Profiles of Naval Architecture Scientists in India: An Altmetric Analysis. Library Philosophy and Practice https://digitalcommons.unl.edu/cgi/ viewcontent.cgi? article=5720&context=libphilprac
- Sheeja, N. K., Mathew K, S., & Cherukodan, S. (2018). Impact of scholarly output on university ranking. Global Knowledge, Memory and Communication Vol. 67 Issue: 3, pp.154-165 https://doi.org/10.1108/GKMC-11-2017-0087
- Susan Mathew K and Baby M.D(2012 ) , Developing technology skills for Academic librarians: a study based on the Universities in Kerala,India, Library Philosophy and Practice https://digitalcommons.unl.edu/libphilprac/702/
- Susan Mathew K and Baby M.D , (2010/2011) Professional Development of Academic library Professionals in Kerala , Education for Information v28 pg, 215-225
- Susan Mathew K, Sheeja N.K. (2018) Research Output of Universities in Tamil Nadu - An Analysis Based on Scopus Database. International Journal of Information Dissemination and Technology, 8(1), 1-7
- Susan Mathew K., Sheeja, N. K., & Nellickal, S. J. (2015). Technology Adoption Behavior of Women Library Professionals in Kerala. Indian Journal of Science, 21(74), 565-570.
- Digital Library Development and Services (2016) Ed. by Francis, A T and Susan Mathew K, Astral Publishers 188p ISBN 9789351247333
- Library and web tools for E-learning and teaching(2014) Ed.by. Francis, A.T and Susan Mathew K ,Authors Press, 286p ISBN 9788172737764
- Sheeja N.K. ,S Cherukodan & and Susan Mathew, K.(2017), Scholarly Communication and Institutional Ranking: A Study Based on NIRF International CALIBER 2017, Anna University, Chennai, 2-4 August, 2017.
- S. Cherukodan, Sheeja N.K. and Susan Mathew K.(2017), Scholarly communication in English language and literature : Identification of top journals using Google Scholar, UGC National Seminar on “English as a Corporate Communication Medium” organised by Department of English and Foreign Languages, CUSAT, held on 02-04 March, 2017.
- Sheeja, N. K., Susan Mathew, K. and S. Cherukodan (2017), An evaluative study on open source digital repository software packages, SALIS 2017, TCE Madurai, on 7-8, July 2017.
- Susan Mathew K. and Sheeja N.K. (2016). Application of Web technologies in document delivery services, National seminar on “Academic inclusion of librarians in digital era” National seminar on Academic inclusion of librarians in digital era organised by Kerala Agricultural University, Academic Library Association and Kerala Library Association during 04-05 November, 2016
- Susan Mathew K and Sheeja NK (2015) Adoption of Software Packages by Digital Open Access Repositories in the World: A Survey.National Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Management by Department of Library and Information Science, and C.H.M.K. Library, University of Calicut and Kerala Library Association (KLA) Kozhikode on 30-31 January 2015.
- Susan Mathew K (2014) Evaluating scholarly research: a theoretical approach to compare Web of Science, Scopus and Google Scholar National seminar on Managing Innovation in New Generation Libraries Kerala Library Association, Ernakulam Region and Rajagiri College of Social Sciences, Kalamassery, on 16-17 December 2014
- Sheeja N.K. Susan Mathew K., Siji Jose (2014) Research output of Cochin University of Science and Technology in the area of Physics, Optics and Astronomy: A Quantitative analysis, SALIS 2014: Coimbatore Institute of Technology (CIT), Coimbatore & Society for the Advancement of Library and Information Science (SALIS), on 8th & 9th August 2014.
- Sheeja N.K., Susan Mathew K. (2014) Trends in Research Productivity: An Analysis of the Research Publications of Cochin University of Science and Technology, PLANNER-2014:Capacity building in library and information services, Organised by INFLIBNET Centre and Dibrugarh University, Assam, on 25-27 September, 2014.
- Susan Mathew K and Sheeja NK (2014) Open Source Repositories in Academic & Research Institutions in Kerala Kerala National conference DEMICT 2014, Mangalore University, Karnataka
- Sheeja, N. K., Mathew, Susan., Pillai, S. S., & Cherukodan, S. (2013). Collection and Assets management: one University Library’s journey to the future. Ninth International CALIBER 2013,Inflibnet centre,Gujarat
- Susan Mathew K (2013) E-learning and Continuing education in LIS National conference on E-resources and E-learning: challenges and opportunities for Libraries, University of Calicut
- Susan Mathew K (2012) Marketing of Library services in an academic environment National conference on E-infrastructures in Libraries SVP International School of Textiles and management, Coimbatore.
- LTC2019 - Library Technology Conclave e-books to e-Learning: Libraries as Learning Hubs CUSAT, Cochin 23-25 Jan 2019
- National Conference on Open Data and Data Repositories, organised by University Library, CUSAT at Cochin University of Science and Technology, Cochin on March 06-08, 2018.
- National Conference on Role of Libraries in Making Digital India organised by SALIS & TCE Madurai on 7th & 8th July, 2017 at Thiagarajar College of Engineering, Madurai.
- 11th International CALIBER 2017 organised by INFLIBNET & Anna University on 2-4 August at Anna University, Chennai
- National Seminar on English as a corporate communication medium organised by Department of English and Foreign Languages, CUSAT on 2-4 March 2017.
- National Conference on Innovative Library Services in Digital Age” –LISDA 2016- organised by Toc H Institute of Science and Technology Library in Association with Departments of CS & IT on 1-2 July 2016
- National Seminar on Academic inclusion of Librarians in Digital Era” organised by College of Horticulture and University Central Library of Kerala Agricultural University in collaboration with the Academic Library Association (ALA) on 4-5 November 2016.
- National Seminar on "Teaching Role of Librarians" organized by the College of Horticulture, Kerala Agricultural University in Collaboration with the Academic Library Association (ALA) and Kerala Library Association (KLA) on August 21-22, 2015.
- UGC Sponsored National workshop on “Marketing of Information Services and Products and Plagiarism" organized by the College Library, St. Josephs’s College for Women, Alappuzha on December 11-12th, 2015.
- Two day National Workshop on “Social Responsibility and Professional Ethics” organized by School of Library and Information Science ,Rajagiri College of Social Sciences, Kalamassery on 6th -7th February 2014
- Two day National level Conference on “Democratization of Information using ICT:Role of Libraries for Social Enlightenment(DEMICT2014), on 24-25 January 2014 organized by Dept of Library & Information science,Mangalore University, Karnataka
- International CALIBER 2013 on “Library vision 2020: Moving towards the future” organized by INFLIBNET ,Gandhinagar,Gujarat from 21st to 23rd March 2013
- National conference on “E-Resources and E-Learning: Challenges and Opportunities for Libraries” by Department of Library and Information Science and C.H Mohammed Koya Library ,University of Calicut on 1st -2nd February 2013
- IASLIC XXV National seminar by AnandaRangapillai Library, Pondicherry University and Indian Association of Special Libraries and Information centres(IASLIC) on December 10th to 13th 2012
- National seminar on “Library and Web tools for E-learning and Teaching”,Kerala Agricultural University,Thrissur and Kerala Library Association on 25th June 2012
- One day workshop on “Profiling research publication for quality research”by University Library CUSAT on 3rd January 2012
- One day training programme on “Digital Content Copyright: Challenges to Libraries” Inter University Centre for IPR Studies, CUSAT and KLA onSeptember17,2011
- National seminar on “Content Management and Libraries” organized by KeralaLibrary Association (KLA )on July14-16,2011 at Thiruvananthapuram
- National seminar on “Library2.0 and Information Management” on May27-28, 2011 at University of Calicut
- Workshop on “Information retrieval from E-resources in social sciences & research article writing” on 24th& 25th February 2011 by School of Library & Information science ,Rajagiri College of Social Sciences, Kalamassery
- Workshop on Mixed Methods in Social Science Research 26-31 July,2010, CSSEIP,CUSAT
- Four day training programme on KOHA (ILS) conducted by University Library CUSAT from 20-23April 2010
- Organised User Awareness programmes for E-resources from 2002- 2007 as UGC Infonet E- Journals Consortium Contact Person, University Library ,CUSAT
- Member,Technical Committee,International convention in Library Management CALIBER,February 2-4, 2005,Cochin
- Member organizing Committee, Role of Open Source Software inLibraries” organised by University Library, November24-25, 2009
- Co-ordinator for One day workshop on “Research Reporting and Reference Management Tools” conducted by University Library CUSAT on 19th March,2014 at Dept of Electronics auditorium
- Life member, Kerala Library Association(KLA)
- Life member , Academic Library Association(ALA)
- Life member, Society for Advancement of Library and Information Science (SALIS)
- Life member,Indian Association of Special Libraries and Information centre (IASLIC)
- Life member, Indian Library Association(ILA)
- Member, Chartered Institute of Library Professionals (CILIP),UK
- Google Scholar and Web Discovery Services - One week course on Library Automation, Digital Library Management and Web tools for Documentation Kerala Agricultural University(KAU), Academic Library Association (ALA) and Kerala College Librarian’s Association 17-23 August 2017
- Academic Librarian’s Role in Research: A Model for Faculty Librarian Collaboration-National Seminar on Teaching Role of Librarians Kerala Agricultural University(KAU), Academic Library Association (ALA),Kerala Library Association (KLA),& KSCSTE , 21-22 August 2015.
- 21st Century Librarian –Highly skilled in ICT - UGC sponsored National Seminar on skills approach to information and communication technology for information problem solving St Mary’s College Thrisur 02-03 January 2015
- Sheeja, N. K., Susan Mathew, K. and S. Cherukodan (2015), The Perception of LIS professionals on the activities of library associations in Kerala, In LIS Career at the Crossroads : Challenges and Opportunities, Ed. By Parikshit Mondal & Susmita Chakraborty, Department of Library and Information Science, University of Calcutta.
- Susan Mathew K. and Sheeja N.K. (2016), Academic library consortiums in India: an evaluative study, In Digital library development and services Ed. by A.T. Francis and K. Susan Mathew, Astral Publishing House, New Delhi
- Susan Mathew K (2014) Changing Role of Academic Libraries in the E-learning Environment: Issues and Challenges Library and web tools for E-learning and teaching .Ed by Francis A T and Susan Mathew K ,2014, Authors Press, New Delhi Pg 58-65
- Susan Mathew K (2011)Professional Associations and Academic Librarianship in Kerala, Library 2.0 and Information management, Ed by Dineshan Koovakkai and T.M. Vasudevan, 2011Atlantic Publishers, New Delhi, pg133-140
- Professional skills and competencies for Academic Librarian in an electronic Environment(2010) Recent trends in Libraries, Ed.by Dr S S Joshi, VinodKumar & Abha Sharma Arihant Prakashan ,New Delhi, Pg 203-208