School of Social Work Organises skill development Programme in Counselling and Psychotherapy.
Title: " Advanced Courses in Counselling and Psychotherapy by Department of Social Work "
The programme is designed for individuals who are in helping or person centered roles. This carters to the members of the academic profession, voluntary organizations, support services, personnel engagements, youth workers and who are engaged in providing guidance and advice to various age groups of people. This course would enable the participants to gain better understanding on the process of helping profession and make their people engaging roles more professional and effective. This would be a foundation for the participants who want to pursue a professional career in counseling and therapeutic support.
Who can join?
Any graduate can apply for these certificate courses; however, preference will be given to professionals like, teachers, managers, employers, social workers, nurses, psychologists, development practitioners, NGO representatives.
Basic course in Counseling
- Fundamentals of counseling
- Foundation on mental health issues and counseling needs
- Personality theories and implications in counseling
- Counseling process, skills and approaches
- Counseling needs of different groups (children, adolescent, youth, elderly and the employees)
- Counseling techniques and assessment – skill training
Advanced course in counseling and psychotherapy
- General Introduction
- Introduction to Essentials of CBT
- Therapeutic Conceptualization - Cognitive conceptualization
- Responding to Dysfunctional Cognitions
- Collaboratively designing effective action plans
- CBT techniques and strategies
- CBT for Specific Conditions – Depression, Anxiety, Childhood Disorders etc
- CBT for Depression
- Second Order CBT
- Mindfulness based CBT
Dates: 20, 21, 22 February 2020
For More Details: View Brochure
Apply now: https://forms.gle/3ckF1P9Wpp83Jy6eA